Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oceanside!



We made it to the condos yesterday about 2:30ish. What a trip. We decided to follow the google map from Vegas to Oceanside and then take the directions off the map that came with the papers for our condo. Sort of a mistake. Google lead us off the normal beaten path and down some of the more "local" routes. (YIKES, roll up the windows kids!!!) At one point Jacob, who was wearing his "travel pants" (pull ups but don't tell him that.) had held it in for so long that he had to go the bathroom. He had refused to go in his pants which is a really really good thing but also a pain in the butt when you're driving in scary areas and can't stop the car. So finally I couldn't take hearing him say he had to use the bathroom any more and I jerked the wheel and took a hard right up a side street. Little did I know that the side street went up the steepest incline our van has ever been on. Melissa asked how I planned to turn around? (Great question) Which is why I continued to drive up to the summit. When we got on top it was a really pretty vineyard like deal. I pulled out Jacob's potty and he promptly emptied about 3 pints of urine into his potty.

Anyways we got to the condo and WOW! Wayyyyy exceeded our expectations. I'll post more when we get back tonight since everybody's jonesing to get to DLand. But let me just say that one of the greatest experiences of my life so far barring my marriage and the birth of each of my four children was sitting outside last night under the stars with my daughter on my lap watching the tide roll in. HEAVEN!

Here's a few shots from this morning. I'll add more tonight.



2 comments:

aunt barb said...

okay Dave, I am officially jealous. would send you pictures of what you are missing in Salt Lake, but I think that my camera drowned. Have fun, and remember to have the kids bring me back a shell from the ocean, but not one with life in it.

Unknown said...

How fabulous, watching the tide with the kids would be my favorite so far also.