Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What was I thinking?

Jacob is sick, yes again, so I took him to the doctors yesterday. I thought, this is going to be pretty easy, Lyndsey and Noah are off track and I was looking forward to their help, plus Jacob has been to the doctors so much it is his second home. It was pretty much the normal procedure, we got there, checked in and waited to be called back. Once we got in the room and Jacob was checked out, they wanted to do a breathing treatment because he was getting enough oxygen. For those of you that aren't familiar with these, they hook up a machine, with a face mask that blows medicine, hopefully directly into the patients lungs. So for little kids, this is quite scary and it takes a couple of hands to get Jacob settled and the medicine aimed at his face, while I was wrestling Jacob I had asked Noah to hold Max. I guess Noah had enough with that and he was letting Max slowly slide down his legs, so now I am trying to catch Max, hold Jacob's hands down and aim the medicine appropriately. Well something had to give so I quickly grab Max and sat him on the floor and hurried back to help Jacob. After the breathing treatment it took a while for the doctor to come in....too much time...I had to laugh as I watched my eldest fighting with her 2 year old brother over a chair, Noah doing some sort of dance which required a lot of shaking the behind, over a stool (don't even ask me) and Max just taking it all in. Only one thought came into my mind as I watched this....WHAT WAS I THINKING!

On a less stressful note...Saturday we took the kids to a pumpkin patch and let them pick out pumpkins. It was a lot of fun and Jacob was picking up everything and taking bites. Lyndsey had her hot chocolate so she was happy. Here's a slide show.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: pumpkin patch
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: