Meanwhile we went to a lot of rides and finally Jacob had enough. Literally. He laid down right in the middle of Frontier Land. One of the workers stood over him because she was afraid somebody would step on him. While I sat about 5 feet away from him on a bench laughing. So we decided this would be a good time to lunch.
After Lunch we headed back out to the rides. Jacob loved the carousel and Dumbo. Max doesn't seem to care about any of it. Noah had talked up Indiana Jones the entire day. When the time came I noticed an awful lot of questions about the ride. Like A LOT of questions. "Dad, is this ride fast?" "Dad, is there any drops on this ride?" Dad has anybody ever died on this ride." I told him I only knew of about 20 or so people. He wanted out! The trouble is we'd been waiting in line for 45 minutes before I started getting any resistance. So I decided to either to be a good dad or a bad one. I'm not sure which I chose. I told him we could get out of line when we got to the front. He said, "You're mad at me huh dad?" I said, "Well I wish you would have told me about a half hour ago, but if you don't want to go on it I'm not going to make you." So he said "FINE! Let's go on it." Which timing would have it that they needed just two people to come get on the ride right away. So I seized the opportunity and said to Noah, "OK, let's go." So we moved up ahead of the line and got on the car. I helped him strap in next to me. I've never seen so many tears in all my life." At this point I'm thinking "OK I'm the worse father in the world." My dad would have never done this to me. But seriously, it's not that bad of a ride!!!....???????? Well he buried his head in my lap. But I kept saying "Look Noah, here come the darts" or "Look Noah a Giant Cobra!", "Fire!", "A huge boulder!" So anyways he looked up a bunch of times. When it was over I said "Seriously tell me was that as bad as you thought it was going to be?" Noah - "THAT WAS AWESOME!!!" (So I'm a good dad for making him overcome his fear.....right?)
Anyways we ended the day on Buzz and then headed to the shops for a treat for the ride home. It was a fun day at the park. We're going back two more times before we go. Lyndsey has already informed me she won't be doing Splash Mountain, the Haunted Mansion or Indiana Jones so I guess I won't have any "father" opportunities with her.
So yesterday we spent the whole day at the beach. It was sooooo much fun. Noah and I would go into the ocean and then run to the shore when the water came crashing in. I forgot I was Noah's dad and we were just a couple of pals. It was great. Then we got a ton of shells to bring home. And I do mean a ton. I told the kids no more shells unless they are like REALLY REALLY cool. We all got fried. Including Jacob. (The one of us with the most sensitive skin." He didn't sleep much last night. I feel bad for him. Melissa and he laid in the front room last night. I think they are both tired. I'll take my turn tonight. Lyndsey met some nice girl at the beach and her, Noah and this girl boogie boarded most of the afternoon. They built this "Grand Canyon of the beach" thing. Which Jacob promptly went and sat down in the middle of. This didn't sit well with Lyndsey so Jake and I made him an even bigger bottomless pit to sit in. He had a great time. (Sis got green.)
After the beach we tried to bbq but none of the bbq's were working so, starving, we went to the pier where at the very end sits a restaurant. It's like an old dinner "Ruby's" is it's name. It was either really good or I was just really hungry. Anyways we all ate our food and I kept thinking the entire time, there's going to be an earthquake and I'm going to die at sea! But I put on a happy face and ate. (I get that from my mom.) So after diner we walked back towards the beach on the pier and watched the surfers. I'm not sure what it is about my kids and wanting to put stuff in their mouths but holy cow it's embarrassing. It's gotten to the point that I don't even try anymore. While we watched the surfers I saw my daughter munching on the pier railing. Seriously. So when we walk away I let her know "Lyndsey, there's some bird poop on your lip you missed." She was semi humiliated but I've given up telling her not to put anything in her mouth unless you're supposed to use a fork or spoon to get it there. Plus I've seen that guy on "Man vs. Wild" eaten enough nasty stuff that I'm sure Lyndsey will survive a little second hand seagull food.
Anyways I'd better get going. We're taking the lobster family to the zoo today.
3 comments:
Lindsay, a little bird poop never hurt anyone. Have fun! We miss you guys, but know that you are having a great time.
hey dave and melissa....looks like you and your family are having a great time. Enjoy!
YOU ARE A GOOD DAD! Yay, can't wait for the next installment. Don't throw the kids to the bears.
Post a Comment