After the tent was put up, Dave asked if I thought we should put the rain guard thing on (I don't know what they are called) and I told him I didn't think so, which about 7am the next morning wasn't the best decision we made. Anyway, Jacob got to play in the dirt which he loved and Max hung out in his pj's!
Finally Jacob asked me if he could go take a nap and Max had fallen asleep so I headed off to the tent with the little ones to get ready for bed. Let me tell you, I wasn't that worried about Max because he has become a pretty good sleeper, (you kind of have to when you share a room with Jacob) but Jacob on the other hand I was very worried about, let's just sum it up with OCD! He is very particular with how things should be, which has done wonders in the potty training area but not so much when you try to get him to sleep somewhere other than his bed. After Dave gathered the Lyndsey and Noah and we all settled down for the night, we heard our neighbors from the campground across the way having a really good time. Such a good time in fact they didn't stop, belching, yelling or shooting their guns (yes shooting guns) until about 4:30! So between that and the two time Jacob woke up crying because he wasn't sure where he was and what was going on, Dave and I got no sleep at all!!!!!! So as I laid there watching my children sleep so peacefully I wondered, was this how my parents felt when they were creating memories for us? Thanks Mom and Dad.
Yesterday we decided to take the kids up to the zoo, it has been awhile since we have been there and they wanted to see the new babies. I will have to say that it was one of the most enjoyable trips we have had. We got up there about 4pm, just as the crowds of the day were leaving, it was a cool afternoon and we just took our time walking around. We got the kids, expect for baby Max, a sno cone and just enjoyed ourselves. Here are some pictures.
1 comment:
Yay Nelsons! Hope you didn't put your zoo pass away too fast. The newest baby will be making her debut on Friday. Maybe we can hit it one time this fall?
Post a Comment