Last Thursday I was getting Jacob and Max ready for our walk up to the school to meet Noah and Lyndsey on their way home. I needed to move the van so I could get the stroller out and while doing so, Jacob had locked the deadbolt, locking me outside, unable to get in with two boys under the age of 23 months in the house by themselves! (I know what you are thinking, I should have a key outside, it was moved a while ago and never replaced) So, immediately my thought is "which window am I going to have to break to get inside?" after thinking for a minute I remembered in Jacob's curious manner he had figured out how to unlock the screen door off of the deck so I quickly ran around the house to the back door. I called Jacob over and he was oblivious to the situation we were in, smiling and talking to me like everything was great. I talked him into unlocking the door only to remember that we have an extra security measure on this door and I wasn't in the house yet! Once again, I knew Jacob knew how to release this extra security measure as he has gotten in trouble for doing so numerous times before, so it started all over again. I tried to talk all sweet and fun with him while inside I was dying! He got so close to it numerous times only to be distracted by the need of a treat or a bug climbing on the window. Finally, after about 10-15 minutes he released this extra security and I was able to get in....that was the longest 20 minutes of my life, I didn't know if I should hug him or put him in time out. As for Max during all of this, he was in his car seat, waiting patiently to go pick the kids up from school.
Then there was last night, Jacob found the liquid dish soap and decided to give it a taste. After calling poison control to figure out what to do we spent about an hour trying to get him to drink water and watching him throw up as his tummy got upset by the dish soap.
There is never a dull moment with Jake, I just wish he would slow down a bit, we are heading into the terrible two's and I am definitely not ready.
2 comments:
Melissa that is so funny. Tyrel use to lock me out all the time. I am so glad you got back in!
When Zoe was 2 years old, she locked me out of the house. After about 20 minutes of me and my neighbor trying to coax her into unlocking the back door, I finally had to call Jeff home to unlock the door....which was like another 20 minutes! I know how you feel when that becomes the longest time in your life!!
Post a Comment